How To Submit A Letter Of Intent
Before you submit a Letter of Intent for 2020-21 funding:
- Read and understand the funding priorities of Allegany County United Way
- Decide which strategy best aligns with your funding request.
Instructions for Submitting a Letter of Intent to Allegany County United Way
Deadline for LOI submission: February 21, 2020, 4:00 pm.
Organizations may submit for more than one initiative. A separate Letter of Intent (LOI) is required for each initiative.
The LOI to submit a grant proposal should be submitted in narrative form.
Briefly but completely answer the ten questions below.
The completed LOI should be no longer than two (2) pages using a font size of 10 or larger.
Please respond in order and include the item number and the bolded part of the description.
- Name and address of organization.
- Contact person, title, and telephone number.
- Brief background of organization, years of operation and current target population served.
- Agency mission statement.
- List of Board of Directors and 2018 board meeting dates.
- Focus area(s), target population, and applicable strategies being addressed.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION: Applicants that work in collaboration with other programs, organizations, and/or partnerships to provide more comprehensive services throughout the life of the grant will be given priority.
Completed LOIs should be emailed to email@example.com. Please include agency name and LOI in the subject area of the email. If electronic submission is not possible, please contact the Allegany County United Way office (585-593-0020) for alternative submission instructions.
The appropriate Impact Council will review the Letters of Intent and will notify agencies on or by March 22, 2019 whether they are invited to submit a full proposal.
Full Grant Proposals
Only the applicants who have been invited should submit full proposals.
The completed full application is due 4:00pm, April 12, 2019.